Senior Account Director
The Work You’ll Do
You will be responsible for contributing to the development and execution of a three year strategic plan for assigned clients; account strategies that deliver business value to clients and generate growth for Epsilon. You will build and maintain trusted advisor status between Epsilon and the client; this includes identification and cultivation of all individuals who influence, buy, or have a stake in solutions / services that Epsilon can provide. You will work closely with an enterprise sales rep and cross functional team to execute on account growth and development strategies. The candidate will play a critical role in the customer experience that we aspire to create at different stages of the customer life cycle. You will be able to quantify and articulate the business value that Epsilon provides to your clients; the client will understand the business impact of Epsilon solutions and services. Finally, you will be accountable for insuring that revenue forecasts and sales pipelines are accurate; you will also be accountable for all contracts and legal agreements between Epsilon and the client.
Successful associate client partners will hit profit and client satisfaction targets, retain their clients, and generate growth year over year.
• Developing an in-depth knowledge of the client’s: business, strategic objectives and annual goals; the industry within which the they operate, key trends, disruptors, economics; competitors, positioning, key trends, marketing programs; organization structure, decision making process, key influencers and stakeholders, budget ownership; key initiatives, objectives, decision makers, budget; marketing technology landscape, relationships with Epsilon competitors
• Communicating the client vision to the overall account team (delivery, client services, sales, strategic consulting and partner organizations)
• Leading a cross functional team to create and execute on a three year strategic account plan
• Building strong consultative relationships with key client executives and navigating various levels within the client organization and across marketing, IT, and procurement functions
• Meeting with and maintaining an onsite presence with your clients (up to 50% travel)
• Playing a leadership role in pursuits, proposals and overall account management
• Acting as the voice of the client for solution design
• Forecasting of revenue and growth opportunities, negotiation of contracts and legal documents, and oversight of billing
• Staffing and developing the client services team
• Serving as an escalation point for key challenges with accountability for the resolution of client issues
• Proactively assessing the market landscape, what competitors are doing, as well as continuously keeping up to date with Epsilon’s offering and solution/product development pipeline.
• Experience working comfortably in and with large, highly-matrixed corporate environments
• Experience in and with organizations with large scale and complexity
• Experience achieving against growth/sales targets
• Experience working in a consultative manner with clients and serving as a key advisor and partner
• Experience in driving high-stakes work (e.g. key accounts, strategic initiatives)
• Experience in fast-changing environments
• Experience managing challenging (external) stakeholders
• 8 - 12 years’ experience as account relationship and/or business development manager serving Fortune 500 clients
• Track record of delivering high value solutions and experiences and collaborating with cross functional teams
• Relevant industry experience and knowledge, preferably in leadership or account management roles.
• Extensive and varied expertise in in digital marketing.
• Passion for client service and delivering positive business outcomes for clients
• Success in playing a leading role within a matrixed account team
• Strong background in crafting and delivering proposals
• Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in client pursuits and initiatives concurrently
• Strong business acumen and strategic mindset
• Poise, executive presence, outstanding communications skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon’s digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
ABOUT THE CLIENT SERVICES TEAM
At Epsilon, we know the importance of standing out from the crowd and our client services associates ensure we do just that. Serving as liaisons between our clients and our company, our client service teams know the importance of managing and exceeding client expectations. Our associates have a thorough knowledge of our client’s business, the consumer, the marketplace and all aspects of the industry, including creative, media, research, data and commercial production. Epsilon client service professionals work in a variety of roles, including: Account Executive, Account Manager, Relationship Manager and Account Supervisors.