Senior Director, Associate Client Partner
Sr. Account Director- Loyalty/CRM and Tech experience required!
The Sr. Account Director is responsible for the overall leadership of a specified client relationships/businesses including the development of strategic plans, overseeing the execution of plans and program elements, and financial management.
• The Sr. Account Director is expected to lead the business independently, from the highest level of strategic planning to the execution and implementation of those marketing plans.
• The Sr. Account Director strives to add value to the client’s business, thereby making himself/herself an invaluable member/partner of the client’s business team.
• The Sr. Account Director is the team leader, responsible for motivating his/her team, addressing areas of need, and ensuring the highest possible quality of work generated by the team.
• The Sr. Account Director is responsible for profitably building the business on which he/she works, by identifying new project and business opportunities.
The responsibilities for the Sr. Account Director fall into the following categories:
• Collaboration and Consultation
o Know your client. Work collaboratively with them and their agencies to ensure the best strategies and integrated plans possible.
o Lead your client. Constantly educate your client in the areas of Loyalty, CRM, digital consumer experience and data-driven marketing. Provide a point of view and recommendation on a plan/course of action. Be a go-to source for advice and counsel.
o Extend your client relationships. Understand the core competencies to cross sell and expand Epsilon’s sphere of influence within the client organization.
• Account Leadership
o Develop annual account plans for all assigned accounts
o Formulate account specific service tactics, utilizing team orientation in support of the account plan
o Direct the cross-functional team’s effort
o Ensure service levels and tactics are keeping with strategic goals
o Monitor and direct expansion of management relationships
o Develop the account relationships for long-term association
o Service accounts personally and directly, updating and including the Sr leaders when appropriate
o Acquire client assignments. Define, clarify and focus direction.
o Understand when to pull in other cross-functional experts and guide their contribution, leveraging your knowledge of the client’s business
o Lead the development of any long-term account or related industry strategy
o Add value, expertise and knowledge
o Look to develop client relationships at the senior level
o Proactively grow client business
• Project Direction
o Develop, investigate and initiate project opportunities
o Guide cross-functional team to ensure flawless execution of data-enablement projects and CRM plans
o Communicate the client request to the appropriate internal teams and individuals. Develop a close and effective working relationship with the Platform, Strategy and Campaign Execution teams.
o Define and communicate timing and budget
o Ensure high levels of accuracy across all aspects of the business
o Shape and manage client direction where needed, ensuring the internal team has a clear understanding of deliverables and is set up for success
o Follow-up and where needed, act directly to ensure client satisfaction
o Provide continuous contact communication with the client, across appropriate levels, as well as with internal management
o Evaluate product quality on an ongoing basis and collaborate with the team to recommend actions to address gaps
• Financial Management
o Responsible for the financial contributions of assigned clients business including revenue, resource allocation/expenses, invoicing, collecting bad debt, margin improvement, contract negotiations/development
o Deliver on preset gross profit objectives
o Coordinate project estimates internally and gain client approval on pricing
o Manage internal project costs against budgets
Successful Sr. Account Directors set the standards in these areas:
• Strategic Thinking – Provide a thorough knowledge of strategic dynamics across multiple business categories and situations so as to represent solid thought leadership to clients. The Sr. Account Director provides insights and strategic direction for individual teams, giving parameters from which to approach assignments and develop strategic plans and a point of view/recommendations, using analytic skills and all available data tools. The Sr. Account Director fosters the organization’s point-of-difference as leaders in strategic thinking and out-of-the-box problem solving in relation to the industry and client’s expectations.
• Idea Champion – Lead the new idea development component within the group and champion ideas, approaches and opportunities both internally and with clients. The Sr. Account Director needs to challenge the team to think differently about their respective businesses and have the ability to work with the team to identify, cultivate and fully develop sound ideas that can help nurture or grow client relationships by meeting/exceeding client’s expectations.
• Team Leaders – Bring resources together to collectively work against a client’s business objective. They must be strong team builders who foster camaraderie in a positive, nurturing environment. The Sr. Account Director coaches, mentors and teaches as they demonstrate the ability to grow businesses, careers and the organization’s bottom line.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• A minimum of six years of strong CRM/Loyalty and Data-driven Marketing experience
• Demonstrate understanding of the essentials of digital marketing including prior experience in email/SMS, campaign planning and management, consumer database and data enablement, consumer experience/journey design, mobile app engagement and DMP (data management platform) or data-driven media experience.
• The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various programs launched. Possess strong strategic planning, project management, communication and executional skills.
• Must possess excellent presentation skills
• The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various strategies implemented
• The ability to interface and communicate with the client, building a relationship based in trust and respect and becoming a trusted advisor for your client
• The ability to meet or exceed client expectations in the area of account management, industry/category/brand knowledge with a good understanding of industry channels and market conditions
• Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while retaining team membership and spirit.
• Detail-oriented, yet with the ability to see the bigger picture
• Thorough and accurate communication ability
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon’s digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
ABOUT THE CLIENT SERVICES TEAM
At Epsilon, we know the importance of standing out from the crowd and our client services associates ensure we do just that. Serving as liaisons between our clients and our company, our client service teams know the importance of managing and exceeding client expectations. Our associates have a thorough knowledge of our client’s business, the consumer, the marketplace and all aspects of the industry, including creative, media, research, data and commercial production. Epsilon client service professionals work in a variety of roles, including: Account Executive, Account Manager, Relationship Manager and Account Supervisors.