Sr Dir, Corporate Communications
This role will lead Epsilon’s Corporate Communications team that is focused on driving brand awareness by educating stakeholders and positioning Epsilon as an industry leader in martech/adtech that is turbocharging Publicis Groupe. Stakeholders consist primarily of media/reporters, Epsilon and Publicis Groupe employees and social influencers.
This leadership role will report into the Vice President of Analyst Relations & Corporate Communications. The role will be based in Chicago or Boston.
Epsilon is a diverse business with comprehensive platform suite consisting of digital media and marketing solutions designed to appeal to C-level executives and senior marketers. This role must develop an umbrella communications strategy appropriate for all audiences, while delivering consistent, tailored messaging for each platform solution and audience.
The candidate must be a dynamic, 360-communicator and natural storyteller, responsible for guiding and implementing a range of activities from media relations, executive and internal communications, brand marketing and cross-platform initiatives to enhance and preserve Epsilon and Publicis Groupe’s industry position.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Building a cross-organization team; manage, hire, direct & mentor a team to evolve the department role, focus and success metrics
- Shaping and gaining alignment how to evolve the department, including PR, corporate communications and internal communications functions.
- Developing and overseeing end-to-end execution of Corporate Communication strategy, driving increased awareness and improved company positioning across a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Ensure messaging is differentiated, defensible, clear, drives action and leverageable by sales, marketing and broader Publicis Groupe.
- Building a plan to prove PR and communication impact, defining, aligning on reporting, supporting platforms, success metrics and communicating impact on a quarterly basis.
- Handling reputation management including sensitive crisis/issues communications.
- Developing and nurturing strategic relationships with key external partners, including editors, reporters, event organizers, industry organizations, outside agencies, sister company executives, etc.
- Leading implementation plans for Epsilon’s internal communications campaign across executive, editorial, video and social content touchpoints. Epsilon’s internal communications program is designed to unify, engage and motivate employees.
- Participating in the planning, execution and approval of a variety of communications activities, including but not limited to: media pitches, press releases, talking points, executive memos, op-eds, events, executive speaking opportunities, executive memos, awards submissions and more.
- Determine resources, budget, external partners and team make-up to translate the vision and strategy into clear communications plans
- Serving as a trusted advisor to C-suite level executives.
- Managing a team of 5+ communications professionals.
- Collaborating closely with Publicis Communications team on assignments as needed.
- You are located in Chicago or Boston.
- You have 15+ years’ experience in a B2B marketing organization, preferably in fast-moving marketing services, enterprise SaaS companies or advertising technology organizations.
- A Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university. Master’s Degree desired.
- More than 2 years of direct experience managing 4 or more people.
- You have a passion for media relations. Experience in building and nurturing relationships with press; proactive planning/storytelling/pitch work; crisis press relations experience; proven success in landing stories in key business and trade outlets, spanning platform.
- You are able to demonstrate strong speaking, business writing and editing skills – able to write clearly and concisely to a wide variety of audiences (investors, government contacts, clients, employees, reporters/editors).
- You are adept at supporting and counseling C-suite level executives, including CEO, COO, General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer and presidents.
- You are a natural leader that can both inspire and empower staff, while gaining the respect and buy-in from cross-functional partners.
- You are a strong storyteller with a passion for technology, digital marketing, data, innovation and start-up culture.
- You can distill complex and highly technical messages and ideas into meaningful content, adapted by audience and sector.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to adapt to changing scenarios, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- You are a change agent: see ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
- You are detailed orientated with an eye and passion for creative, ensuring the content not only is written well, but the output looks amazing.
- You are results-driven: want to show the impact that you’re driving and are passionate about demonstrating that value to your stakeholders.
- You are proactive and have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights and implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon’s digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Marketing team is responsible for brand, vertical, product marketing and demand generation activities, as well as analyst relations, corporate communications and events. Together, with their in-house creative and project management counterparts, they develop and execute go-to-market strategies for Epsilon and Epsilon PeopleCloud.